But how does winning an award REALLY help your business?
Instead of writing about the benefits of applying for a business award, which we’ve discussed in previous blog posts, this month I took the time to interview some award winners. In this video series, you’ll get an insider’s look at how winning an award raises the profile of your business, instills trust in you and your business, and helps you achieve the recognition you deserve!
- Taking it one step at a time is key in applying for awards, and following the plan set out by 1001 Pages was helpful in getting organized
- No enterprise is too small to apply for an award, and no award is too big to apply for!
- Even being a finalist (and not a winner) is significant, and makes you feel like a winner, regardless
Key takeaways from the video:
- There is a misconception that awards are for others (not you!) and that if you win an award, it is because someone has specifically nominated you for this honour. Not true! Every business has the choice to go out and find the award that fits their goals.
- Applying for awards is not only to honour an individual, but it makes good business sense, and shines a light on your business
- Winning awards brings you many benefits that you don’t realize at the beginning, including motivation, connection with others in your industry, growing your network of contacts, a greater sense of confidence, and self-actualization and reflection
- The impact on your colleagues and network can’t be denied – it’s one of the greatest benefits of putting together your awards application
- If you decide that applying for an award is for you, it can change how you look at your career. Deciding to be #1 in your category helps you to focus and concentrate on what really matters in your business. Success can be a formula you can follow to succeed!
- Applying for an award can help you to pause, slow down, and take a deeper look at all you have accomplished over your career, and this can become a terrific exercise to better understand how to replicate your success!
- Applying for an award can push you out of your comfort zone, and at the same time bring you more confidence
- One of the greatest gifts of becoming a finalist or winning a business award is the contacts and relationships you develop
Summing It Up
Are YOU ready to reap the benefits of business awards just like these powerful and successful women? Check out our resources to get you started, or book a call with Marie-Christine. An expert in the Québec and Canadian awards industry, Marie-Christine’s mission is to connect with diverse communities of women and encourage them to gain the visibility they deserve, so they can shine and inspire future generations.